Can you feel it? Spring is right around the corner. The weather is slowly improving and the temperature is rising. Just think, a few weeks from now you might even be thinking about outdoor activities, longer daylight hours and, eventually, that first time you turn on your air conditioning system! Here at Morris Heating & Air Conditioning we recommend an annual service check up on your HVAC system. The benefits to this clean and check go beyond guaranteeing your comfort during the warmer months but also could extend the life of your air conditioning system. Here are some common questions we receive about regular service for HVAC systems.
“When should I schedule maintenance on my HVAC system?”
This is a common question and the answer differs depending upon the type of system you currently have in your home. For a system that heats and cools: perform maintenance in the spring and fall. For cooling system maintenance only: perform maintenance at least once a year. For furnace maintenance only: also perform maintenance at least once a year. . So this is the right time to be scheduling your regular maintenance if you have a heating and cooling system or cooling alone.
How will the check up benefit my system? This is a great questions with several answers.
- Homeowners who keep their HVAC systems clean and operating efficiently can count on the electric meter moving slower than systems that have been neglected. Our research has shown that regular maintenance can reduce energy bills by as much as 30%.
- HVAC systems that have regular maintenance have longer lifespans.
- An inspection of airflow can make certain that delivery of air is even and consistent throughout your home or business.
- Troubleshooting during regular maintenance can anticipate repairs that will need to be made rather than finding out on the hottest day of the year! We estimate that regular maintenance can reduce equipment breakdowns by 95%.
- The more efficient your system the lower the impact on the environment.
- Service contracts can mean discounted annual maintenance.
- Most manufacturers require annual maintenance to uphold their equipment warranties.
What checks will be completed during an annual maintenance visit?
Morris Heating & Air Conditioning technicians complete a 20 Point Annual Check Up including:
- Air Conditioning Filter Replacement
- Secure and Check Electrical Controls
- Check Condensate Pump and Drain Lines
- Check Safety Controls
- Check Thermostat Calibration
- And Much more — please call our service department for a comprehensive review of this important service appointment
To schedule your annual service appointment with our A+ BBB rated team, call Morris Heating & Air Conditioning at 978-356-9900 or click here http://morrisheatingandair.com/contact/