We are often asked by our customers about the advantages of a ductless system for heating and air conditioning for their home or business. Since its introduction in the Asian market in the 1970s, ductless systems have come a long way, not only by being more energy and cost efficient but also, in aesthetics and ease of installation. Originally the ductless system was meant to provide spot cooling to homes and buildings to replace bulky window units. It was offered as an alternative where a more complete, whole-system approach was either unfeasible, due to space, or financial constraints. Today, ductless systems have advanced greatly and become popular for both air conditioning and heating. Let’s take a closer look at the advantages a ductless system may offer for your home or business.
- Ductless is flexible! Ductless units can be installed in a variety of places in the home or business. Historically, heating and cooling units were limited to windows or areas where ductwork could be added to the home. Now, ductless systems open up opportunities to add just the right temperature to one or many rooms in your home or business.
- Energy Savings – Ductless systems eliminate the air having to travel through ductwork, which can cause up to a 30% loss in energy. Heating and cooling can be lost along the journey through the ductwork to the room you are heating or cooling. Seeps, cracks and inefficiencies can cause a loss of energy and ultimately add to your bill.
- Easy Installation – No one wants to have their ceilings and walls torn apart to install costly ductwork. Our experienced technicians here, at Morris Heating & Air Conditioning, can quickly mount the indoor air handler and easily install the outdoor unit without tearing apart your home.
- Zoned Comfort – Ductless heating and cooling with multiple zones allows homeowners and business owners alike to adjust the heat or air for the needs of each room. By opting for a multi-split ductless system, property owners can set different temperatures in different rooms allowing for optimal comfort. If a room is not going to be used on a given day, you can stop adjust the heating or cooling accordingly. This results in significant energy savings.
- Remote Access – Many ductless systems allow for adjustments in heat or cooled air to be made remotely. This advancement can save you time going from room to room adjusting for time or day, natural solar heating of a room and lowering the temp when it is time for bed.
If you are wondering if ductless heating and air conditioning is right for you then call us at Morris Heating and Air Conditioning for a free consultation. As a Mitsubishi Diamond Dealer, Morris Heating & Air Conditioning is an expert on ductless systems. Watch a short video here about the differences between Mitsubishi’s single and multi zone systems thttps://morrisheatingandair.com/ductless-heating-and-ac/ and please don’t hesitate to call us if you have any questions. We sold more ductless systems in 2016 than any other year. This energy efficient product is clearly here to stay.